When was the last time you tried something new and different? Here’s what I’ve been up to.
- I did a boudoir photo shoot a few weeks ago. I was hella nervous and completely obsessed over what to wear. I settled on a look similar to this. I promise that if the photographer ever sends me the pics, I’ll share a couple with my dedicated audience. The night of, I felt no awkwardness in showing my super sexy side; a posh hotel room a few blocks from the Empire State Building served as the backdrop. I’m curious to see how they came out too.
- Last summer, I did EIGHT ziplines across a rain forest in Puerto Rico. After that, I let go of my skydiving adventure dreams! That was enough.
- Another summer I went parasailing in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- While swimming is probably no big deal to most of you, I took lessons for the very first time this past July through August. *Sigh* I still need confidence to take a bite of air between strokes, and I wanna learn how to do the backstroke! My next set of lessons start this coming Sunday.
- Think back — to April 2014. I did my first interview: Advice for The Black Woman | Fitness Q&A with Mark Jenkins. To date, it’s the most read article of all time on this blog. I’m ready to line up a few more.
- Come to think of it, I did a squat variation yesterday in the gym called the Jefferson squat for the first time. Didn’t love it, but it had me winded as heck! Anything to keep the glutes popping.
- As far as any confessions about friends with benefits or summer flings, or erotica (I blog about dating too. Remember?), I will address that in a separate article. Ha!
Hmmm. Other than that, I can’t think of anything! Oh, I’m considering modeling in a fashion show this coming winter. Also going to try to prepare a few vegan meals this Fall.
I started off thinking I hadn’t done much of anything new and different lately, but it turns out that my life is a real adventure! (Right.) More to come though.
How often do you make an effort to try something totally new? What usually inspires you to step outside the box? What new experiences have you had lately? Anything you think others (including me) would like?